When experience is needed, trust the experts

Bldg. 0750-D WIliamson Place La Boca
Panama City, Rep. of Panama

+ (507) 314 1756 / 52

Available 24/7


Marine Chemist

International Marine Experts (IME) has been duly authorized by the Panama Maritime Authority as a Marine Chemist Company to issue Hot Work Permits, Entry to Confine Space Permits and Gas Free Certificates in all Panamanian jurisdictional waters, Ports and shipyards, including all Panama Canal Waters.

Panama Canal and the Maritime authority of Panama requires that to ensure safe conditions, before any hot work is performed in Panama Canal waters, a written request for authorization of the site (i.e. anchorage, berth, dock) accompanied by a Marine Chemist’s Certificate approving the intended hot work shall be forwarded to the Canal Port Captain’s.

What is a Marine Chemist?

A marine chemist is an environmental, occupational safety and health professional who is a trained and responsible for ensuring that repair and construction of marine vessels can be made in safety whenever those repairs might result in fire, explosion, exposure toxic vapors or chemicals. By virtue of his or her education, experience, technical knowledge, skills, and training the Marine Chemist is uniquely qualified as a specialist in confined space safety and atmospheric sampling or monitoring.

Why do you need an IME Marine Chemist?

With our experience on the Maritime field and our commitment with our clients, we can provide your company with the necessary safety and reliance needed for this type of inspections. To ensure the best service, our inspectors has been train in NPFA-306, Gas Free measurements, confined spaces and safety measurements at hot works.

What we can inspect for you?

We will survey that all your hot work, enter to confined space and most important safety of your personal, are in the best work condition and minimize all the hazardous elements on the different spaces such as:


⚫ Pits.

⚫ Tanks.

⚫ Vaults.

⚫ Voids.


⚫ Boiler Room.

⚫ Engine Room.

⚫ Pump Room.


⚫ Masts.

⚫ Rudder.

⚫ Skegs.

⚫ Pipeline.

Among others.

As well we can provide you with a list of test and approvals for the best work and safety of your team, such as:

⚫ Testing for flammable, combustible, and toxic atmospheres before beginning hot work operations in spaces, adjacent spaces, and pipelines, which contain flammable or combustible liquids or gases.

⚫ Testing to confirm that inerting of spaces containing flammable and combustible materials has been effective. [NFPA 306, Section 3-2.1]

⚫ Testing of spaces that are Immediately Dangerous to Life or health (IDLH) or cannot be ventilated to comply with Regulations Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs) until the space can be certified "Enter with Restrictions" or "Safe for Workers."

⚫ Approving the use of inerting medium (such as nitrogen, carbon dioxide, etc.) and personally supervising the introduction of the inerting medium into the space. [NFPA 306, Section 3-2.1]

Marine Chemist certificates shall be posted and accessible nearby during the operations and available for inspection (such as workers, and supervisors, and so forth) usually for a period of three months after the completion of work.


If you have any query... We are available

Contact us